The college has a separate building for library which caters to the need of the UG/ PG students of this college. The college has additional one library in M.Com Hon’s/ M.com for PG students. The students are given assignments and projects for which they seek guidance for academic excellence from library books. The college library has a collection of 43,287 books and a number of volumes of periodicals, e-journals and magazines in various disciplines of commerce, Humanities, computers, Management and general knowledge, etc. The library has local as well as national newspapers and has also subscribed outlook group of magazines. The library has also subscribed e-journals and e- books through NLIST(National Library and Information Services infrastructure of Scholarly Content) project of INFLIBNET. The college faculty and students have been provided with username and password to access the e-journals and e-books on database of NLIST project.
Monika dogra – Junior Librarian
Kantadevi- Lib Bearer
ShubhamArora – Class IV
ChamanLal- Class IV
RozyMatoo – Daily wager
Veenakumari – Daily wager
Seemakhajuria – Daily wager
· The Library presently observes the same working hours and holidays as the College.
· Strict silence, decorum and discipline must be maintained in the library.
· Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
· Every member must sign the register available at the entrance.
· Every student at the time of borrowing books from the Library shall produce his/her Identity Card.
· Periodicals shall not be issued except for consultation in the library premises.
· Journals /Reference Books/ Reports will not be issued from the library.
· Users should not deface, cut, mutilate or damage Library Materials (including documents) in any form. If found guilty, User will be charged double the cost of that particular material.
· Sleeping, smoking, chatting, eating etc are strictly prohibited in the library.
· Undergraduate Students, post graduates students are permitted to burrow only two/three books respectively at a time for a maximum period of fifteen days. If a student fails to return the same within the prescribed time period, a fine @Re 1 per day shall be charged for the first fifteen days and thereafter @ Rs 2/-per day.
· Teaching faculty is permitted to burrow only ten books at a time for a maximum period of one month. In case of failure to return the same within the prescribed period, they have to deposit Re 2 per day per book as late deposit fee.
JOURNALS AND NEWSPAPERS
1. DAILY EXCELSIOR http://epaper.dailyexcelsior.com/
2. STATE TIMES: https://epaper.statetimes.in/
3. AMAR UJALA :https://epaper.amarujala.com/
5. TIMES OF INDIA: https://epaper.timesgroup.com/TOI/TimesOfIndia/index.html?a=c#
6. INDIAN EXPRESS: https://indianexpress.com/express-plus/subscription-plan/
7. EMPLOYMENT NEWS :http://employmentnews.gov.in/newemp/home.aspx
8. BUSINESS STANDARD:https://www.business-standard.com/todays-paper
9. FINANCIAL EXPRESS: https://epaper.financialexpress.com/
PRINT JOURNALS SUBSCRIBED
1. Indian Journal of Finance
2. Indian journal of Computer Science.
3. Global Business Review Journal
NLIST (National Library and Information Services Infrastructure for Scholarly Content)
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW
E-CONTENT OF DIFFERENT INSTITUTIONS(LINKS)
· Central Board of Secondary Education:http://cbse.gov.in/ecbse/welcome.html
· Directorate of School Education Kashmir:http://dsek.nic.in/dsek/DSEK/Aawo.html
· Directorate of School Education Jammu: http://schedujammu.nic.in/student2.html
· e- PG pathshala: https://epgp.inflibnet.ac.in
· E- Gyankosh: http://egyankosh.ac.in
· Moulana Azad National Urdu University: https://manuu.edu.in/University/manuu-e-content
· University of Kashmir, Srinagar: https://egov.uok.edu.in/elearning
· Central University of Kashmir: https://www.cukashmir.ac.in/whats-new/e-Content-for-various-Programmes-offered-by-the-University.aspx
· GDC Boys, Anantnag: http://www.gdcboysang.ac.in/About/droid/downloadmaterial.php
· GCWGandhinagar,Jammu: https://gcwgandhinagar.com/econtent/view_econtent.php
· GDC Pattan: http://www.gdcpattan.com/study-material/
· GDCBijbehara: http://gdcbijbehara.edu.in/Main/ViewPage.aspx?Page=STUDYMATERIAL
· GDC Kulgam: http://gdckulgam.edu.in/Main/ViewPage.aspx?Page=150
· GDC Pampore: https://gdcpampore.edu.in/download-type/study-material/
· Lovely Professional University: https://www.lpude.in/about-us/availability-of-online-study-material.php
· NPTEL: https://nptel.ac.in/courses
ONLINE RESOURCES (LINKS)
GIRLS COMMON ROOM
A fully furnished Girls Common Room has been erected in the college premises keeping in view the requirements of female students. This common room provides various facilities like magazines, newspapers, water coolers, washrooms, indoor games and also a full time female attendant as care taker.
GAMES AND SPORTS
S.P.M.R. College is renowned for producing victors in sports. The college has a splendid playground for Cricket, Football, Hockey, Tennis, Volleyball, Kabaddi, Handball, Basket Ball, and Badminton. Games are played regularly and every student is expected to play at least one game. After the completion of the admission process, college teams are announced on the basis of the trials and a rigorous selection process. Arrangements have been made for indoor games. Members of the various teams must report punctually for practice and for matches. The absentees will be fined.
Adjoining the Recreation Hall, the college has its canteen. It is in the main campus and caters as tuck shop to the students and the staff at concessional rates. Offlate, Lipton Kisok has also been installed.
Games & sports form an integral part of student's campus life. Students are always encouraged to participate in indoor / outdoor games. Indoor games include chess, table tennis and carrom board. Table tennis which can be played in multipurpose halls and Girl's Common Room. Students are required to take care of the games items they use. tpo get them issued, they shall prove their identity and submit their identity card, which will be returned after the safe return of the items.
Keeping in view the global advancement in computer sciences, the utility of computer education and info-tech awareness has become the need of the hour. Recognizing this fact and to fulfill the objective, the college has set up a computer lab equipped with latest software and internet to provide a wide range of facilities and training to the students and staff.
The college has developed a Conference/Seminar hall fully equipped with the latest teaching aids such as projector, video camera, multimedia, Laptop, TV, CD player, slide projectors and a fully functional public address system, with all kinds of latest gadgets conforming to national standards and ISI specifications. The aim is to provide our commerce graduate a place where he /she can come and get refreshed with not only the latest technology but also to participate in regular presentation of discourses by teachers and guest lectures. The adjoining committee room is used for interaction with the business magnates and various faculty members. Students also participate in group discussions, interviews, presentations, seminars etc. arranged from time to time. While using the facility, students get an opportunity to put into application and focus on "Applied Management"
JOB PLACEMENT, CAREER COUNSELING AND INFORMATION CENTRE
The fast changing work environment has brought about drastic changes in the career market and the ever-changing globalised environment has thrown open promising and challenging career options. Therefore, it is desirable to help the youngsters in shaping their career right from the very beginning. Keeping this in mind, Job Placement & Career counseling cell has been established to help students get the latest information about academic, career and job oriented issues. For job placement, face to face interaction is often arranged with industrial and commercial concerns. To provide part time job, establishment of entrepreneurs under self-employment schemes and other job related assistance are our proposed operational areas.
STRESS MANAGEMENT CELL
Time to time personal counseling sessions, lectures and workshops are organized to help students overcome stress, tension and emotional problems, to inculcate in them the values of positive thinking and to motivate them for higher values in life.
Remedial Classes/ courses are arranged by College to provide help and guidance to the poor and needy students.